Fashion industry professionals know how vital it is to use natural fibers. There is currently a surge in the usage of hemp fiber, mainly because of its environmental and moderate benefits. People have become dependent on this versatile fabric to such an extent that they rarely miss out on it. In this blog post, I will be focusing on the benefits of using hemp fiber clothing in the Indian fashion industry.
Hemp fiber is doubtless an old fiber, but its usage has increased significantly in recent years. When buying clothes made from hemp fiber, you can be upbeat that your product will be eco-friendly. Hemp is a fiber of the cannabis Sativa plant, often also known as industrial hemp. The fibers in hemp are intriguing high in strength compared to other natural fibers. The material is also lightweight, making it perfect for the fashion industry.
Hemp- a new and exciting fiber for Indian fabrics!. In textile, they say,
“The use of a material may be as important as the quality of the material itself.”
I concur with you, as the type of material we choose impacts the final product. In such a case, the utilization of hemp fiber in Indian fabrics will give a high-quality product.
Making Eco-friendly Fabric Choices:
Markets offer a wide selection of eco-friendly fabrics. Using natural materials such as cotton, wool, bamboo, or hemp is among them.
However, in my personal experience, I prefer natural fibers over synthetic fibers. They are softer and give me a sense of comfort. These days, when the world is facing the problems of climate change and energy shortage, I consider it as my responsibility to reduce the impact of my actions on the environment. Therefore, I use only natural and eco-friendly materials in my clothing. Being aware of my contribution to the environment is the only way to engage in meaningful action.
Also, I am ardent to my health by using only eco-friendly material, as I do not have to worry about any potential exposure to any harmful chemicals. Thus, I prefer to use eco-friendly materials for my clothing. Because the choice of material directly impacts the quality of a product, people in India should use eco-friendly materials when creating the best possible goods. Also, choosing eco-friendly fabric will help to conserve the environment.
Hemp fabric offers what advantages?
In today’s modern world, the fashion industry is fast-changing. The products we use today may not be of any use in the distant future. We use clothes today for warmth and comfort. However, it will become worthless in the distant future. One of the reasons is that the materials we use are not suitable for tomorrow. Therefore, we can continue to use the current materials, making them reliable and long-lasting. One of the best examples of this is hemp fiber clothing.
Following are the advantages of hemp fiber clothing.
- Firstly, these are very adaptable to the environment. Due to the nature of hemp, the fiber doesn’t shrink. So the clothes look good no matter what the weather. In our country, many people suffer due to the bad weather. Most people wear cotton or synthetic attires due to the hot weather. Due to this, they end up getting sick. The case is different with hemp fiber clothing. It will keep you warm all summer long. It will also protect you from getting cold in the winter.
- The second advantage is that Hemp fabrics are so good that they won’t let any moisture pass through. They are also very breathable.
- Hemp fibers can give us a sense of comfort. They are so soft that they won’t let any dust particles penetrate. Hemp fibers are also very easily washable. The reason people use these fibers is for this reason.
- The main advantage of hemp fabric is that they last for a long time. Since these fibers are natural, the quality of the textile is not going to change. Hemp fibers last for many years. Hence, it is advisable to use these fibers. They will be the best choice for you when it comes to fashion.
- Hemp is also recyclable. Since it is biodegradable, it will decompose when inconspicuous beneath the ground. The fiber that comes from hemp decomposes and helps to decompose the soil. The soil becomes more fertile.
Is hemp fabric disadvantageous?
Some of hemp fiber clothing’s disadvantages are as follows.
1 The price of hemp fabric is too high. That makes them inaccessible for most people.
2 Fabric made from hemp is prone to creasing. You have to spend a lot of time ironing and maintaining it.
3 Hemp fiber requires extra care and maintenance for cleaning.
4, Unlike cotton, hemp textiles are difficult to dye. Thus, it is not possible to create bright colors from them.
5 Hemp does not have an excellent reputation. Many people associate hemp with drugs and marijuana. When it comes to fashion, this presents a challenge.
Can hemp be the gamechanger for the fashion industry?
Yes, hemp can be the gamechanger for the fashion industry. In the fashion industry, changes are sweeping across the board. Lifestyle trends such as healthy living are on the rise. Shoppers are becoming more mindful of their clothing choices. The health of human beings matters more than any other thing. Hemp fabric is gaining traction for this reason. Hence, more and more people are now choosing hemp fabric. It is so imperative that you don’t miss out. Come and use hemp fabric in your closet and get the best from it.
Where is hemp fabric produced in India?
The law in India permits the manufacture of hemp textiles only in two states – Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh. Hemp fabric manufacturing is still illegal in India.
Hemp is a helpful thing. It is so wonderful that I am sure that you would love it. It is a new and exciting fiber for Indian fabrics. I am sure that the world will embrace it too. For the future of our country and us too. Hemp is the best choice. I do hope that everyone will follow the new fashion.
About the Author
As writing is her passion, Divya Jain dreams of being a content writer. Her artistic skill as a poet enabled her to communicate and build rapport with readers.